Saturday, June 6, 2020

love

I used to write the word love like a proper noun.
Incorrectly writing my sentences to make a point
love is important. It should start with a capital letter.
It’s love that makes you want to wake up each morning
And be thankful before you end the day.
It’s love that makes you smile randomly
It’s love that gives you comfort.
I was a person
Who looked forward so much to love
It’s a wonderful thing, I know.
And I have so much love to give.
I can’t wait to give this love.
I will love unconditionally
Fully, no holding back.
But I realized, that love, chooses.
It is not for everybody.
And it never chose me.
Maybe I am seeing it wrong.
Maybe I am wrong.
But I stopped looking forward to it.
I stopped seeing it as important.
I never wrote it like a proper noun again
Even when it’s the first word of the sentence.
All the love I’ve had to give disappeared
And nothing was left of me
Now I see it as a common thing.
A common need.
And maybe I can live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment